A non |
B non |
O non |
Lubee (Lebanese Green Beans and Lamb Stew)
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Valerie Trumps||Added: Apr 07, 2014 at 06:56 PM|
Delicious way to get the lamb in for those not so crazy about lambiness.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type O Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- 2 pounds lamb neck bones (or 1 pound lamb stew meat)
- 1 26-oz. carton Pomi chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, peeled & sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or BTD compliant)
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, washed & ends snapped off, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tsp sea salt
How to make it:
- Put lamb, tomatoes, onion, garlic, cinnamon, and cayenne into crock pot.
- Cook on high for 1 hour, then reduce to low for 5 hours.
- Add green beans and continue to cook on low for 2 more hours.
- Add salt at very end.
- Serve over rice, if desired.
- *Note: You can add green beans at the same time as the rest of ingredients, but I add them later to save some nutritional value. Add the salt at the end to avoid toughening the meat.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.