A non |
B non |
O non |
Roast Sticky Chicken
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
I found this on FriendlyFreezer@Onelist and modified it for blood type. It is delicious. I quadrupled the recipe and froze the chickens. I heated at 250F for another hour after thawed.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- 1-1/3 Tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 large roasting chicken
- 1 cup onion, chopped
How to make it:
- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the spices.
- Remove giblets from chicken, clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin.
- Place in a resealable plastic bag, seal and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to roast chicken, stuff cavity with onions, and place in a shallow baking pan.
- Roast, uncovered, at 250 degrees for 5 hours (yes, 250 degrees for 5 hours).
- After the first hour, baste chicken occasionally (every half hour or so) with pan juices.
- The pan juices will start to caramelize on the bottom of pan and the chicken will turn golden brown.
- If the chicken contains a pop-up thermometer, ignore it.
- Let chicken rest about 10 minutes before carving. Freeze all or part in ziplocs after baking.
- Thaw and reheat, or use meat cold.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Sugar (Brown...|| N|| A|| N|| A|| N|| A|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised May 26, 2011 at 08:48 PM By: Joe