Blood Type Diet Recipe
CRUNCHY CHOCOLATE AMARANTH
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Adam||Added: Feb 24, 2014 at 10:11 AM|
This is a nice crunchy treat that can serve as either a snack or a carbohydrate portion. Amaranth is very healthy for most types (especially A's and AB's). If you always thought Amaranth was a chore to eat or has a weird taste or aroma, this recipe will change your mind and make it a joy to eat.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- 1/4 cup of Amaranth Seed
- 1 teaspoon of Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Agave or other compliant sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon (more or less according to personal taste) of Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cardamom, Ginger Powder, and/or other favorite spices
How to make it:
- Heat a large, deep, heavy soup pot on high for a few minutes until extremely hot.
- Add the Amaranth Seed and cover with a lid.
- The seed will start to pop.
- Monitor closely so that the seeds do not burn.
- Turn off heat and remove from heat.
- Remove lid to let the steam escape.
- Pour the seed into a bowl.
- To the bowl, add the compliant sweetener, Cocoa Powder, and spices, BT compliant.
- Mix well with a spoon.
- If you eat it immediately, it is a warm, sticky, crunchy treat that you can eat with a spoon.
- It also can be formed into balls to be served later as a finger-food treat.
- If you let the mixture cool, then you have to break it up with a spoon.
- You could then add a compliant milk and serve it as a breakfast cereal.
- Or just eat it with a spoon for a tasty, crunchy treat.
- A variation to this recipe would be to add a little melted ghee and some chopped nuts and dates, and you would have a nice mixture for some crunchy date nut balls.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Agave Syrup|| || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Amaranth|| || B|| B|| B|| B|| A|| N|| N|| N|
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Feb 24, 2014 at 06:55 PM By: Lola