Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Jacqueline Marshall||Added: Nov 26, 2013 at 01:56 PM|
Sweet & Gooey, Tender Cinnamon-Spice YamsServes 8 as a side dish
Best Used By Blood Types:
- • 3-4 medium Sweet Potatoes (Yams)
- • Butter or Margarine
- • Cinnamon
- • Sugar
- • Brown Sugar
- • Fresh Grated Ginger
- • Nutmeg, Allspice, Cloves (or Pumpkin Pie Spice mix)
- • Mini-Marshmallows
How to make it:
- Pre-Heat Oven to 450
- Peel and Chop sweet potatoes into bite sized pieces and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 1 stick of Melted Butter or Margarine, 3/4 cup Sugar and ¾ cup Brown Sugar, & add spices to taste - mix well.
- Mixture should be gooey and look like dark brown cinnamon-sugar (can add extra sugar/butter as needed to get gooey consistency).
- Pour mixture into large baking pan and use a rubber spatula to get all of the sugar mixture in.
- Bake at 450 for about an hour (stirring half way through) until sweet potato pieces are soft all the way through.
- Top with mini-marshmallows and bake until toasted (3-5 mins)
- Serve and Enjoy!
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Butter|| 3 || A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help the body to detoxify.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: