A non |
B non |
O non |
Blood Type Diet Recipe
PUMPKIN HUMMUS - NO BEANS
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Ginny W||Added: Nov 25, 2013 at 03:20 PM|
This recipe is adapted from one I found on a calendar. I have put 'ranges' of quantities for the spices. Recommend you start out with the smaller amounts and add up to the larger amounts per your personal taste. Since it must be refrigerated for several hours it is a great make ahead dip for company! The click-able ingredients list was not working when I posted this recipe
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 1 1/2 tsp. Very finely chopped fresh garlic (or more if you love garlic)
- 1 can (14-15 oz.) organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 - 3 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 - 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- hot pepper to taste (can use hot hungarian paprika) - just a dash
How to make it:
- In blender: Blend all of above to a smooth paste. Refrigerate 8 hours or more.
- If serving as a party dip, can garnish with chopped pumpkin seeds or chopped walnuts.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Cilantro|| 1 || N|| B|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
| Written in Perl by Peter D'Adamo. Copyright 2007-2015 All rights reserved.|
The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2015, Hoop-A-Joop, LLC, Inc. All Rights Reserved