Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Chloe||Added: Mar 23, 2013 at 03:44 PM|
A moist chewy, gluten free, sugar free, high fiber breakfast cake that includes many food groups.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of applesauce or fruit puree
- 1-1/3 cup of quinoa flakes
- 1-1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 40 almonds crushed
- 2 Tablespoons flax seeds
- 4 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- cinnamon, ginger, allspice or spices to taste....
- pinch of sea salt
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 325
- Beat 4 eggs with a whisk and add the chia seeds and applesauce.
- Mix well and let chia seeds expand a bit.
- Add lemon juice and whisk again.
- Combine quinoa flakes, baking soda, sea salt, spices, and mix to disperse spices well.
- Add to wet ingredients and fold in well.
- Then add frozen blueberries and mix again.
- Grease a loaf pan, 8 x 4 ...and doesn't matter if it's larger because you can adjust baking time down a bit and result is a flatter loaf.
- This can also be baked in a square pan. I've made this in muffin tins and it made 8 small muffins.
- Bake about 40 minutes until firm. Cool, slice.
- This is a very generous serving if you allow yourself 4 slices to a loaf but because it only comes out to one serving of cereal (quinoa flakes), one egg, 1 T of chia seeds and 1/2 T of flax seeds, 10 almonds, if you're hungry, 1/4 of this entire loaf can be breakfast.
- I often cut into 4 large slices, freeze what I'm not going to use and re-heat my servings one at a time.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Mar 23, 2013 at 09:39 PM By: Joe