A non |
B non |
O non |
Easy Broccoli Soup
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Brighid45||Added: Oct 06, 2012 at 06:32 PM|
This is Gordon Ramsay's recipe for broccoli soup, and it has three ingredients: broccoli, sea salt and water. That's it. You won't believe how delicious this is! Clean, creamy and satisfying, with the most beautiful green color you've ever seen. You can change the flavor with smoked salt, add some crispy walnuts and sliced goat's cheese to the bowl, or put a dollop of real gum-free sour cream or Greek yogurt on top if you like--or just eat it as is. Keep the additions few and simple so the flavors shine through and don't fight each other.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- 4-5 fresh organic broccoli crowns with tight, deep green buds
- sea salt to taste
How to make it:
- Bring the water to a rolling boil in a stock pot.
- Wash the broccoli and cut the florets from the stems.
- Season the boiling water with salt and add the broccoli.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes with the lid on the pot, until a knife goes through the broccoli fairly easily (I like mine to be a little crisp).
- Saving the cooking water, drain the broccoli in a colander, then place it in a blender. Add enough of the cooking water to the blender to fill it about a third of the way up. (I save the rest of the water to drink after it's cooled--it's loaded with nutrients.)
- Blend in pulses until the broccoli is smooth. Taste and season, pulse again to mix the salt into the puree.
- Pour into a bowl or cup, garnish as desired and serve immediately.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Broccoli||1 ,2 ,3|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|
|Sea Salt||2|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in glucosinolates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.