Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Ginny W||Added: Sep 30, 2012 at 10:29 PM|
Delicious homemade cranberry sauce with only 2 (or 3) ingredients - beneficial or neutral for all blood types. Great for urinary tract health....Try it - you'll like it! You can also use it in smoothies.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- 1 - 10 ounce package cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 2/3 cup filtered water
- Frozen pineapple juice concentrate to taste
- Stevia to taste if you want it REALLY sweet
How to make it:
- Empty package of cranberries into sauce pan.
- Add water.
- Bring to boil over medium heat.
- If berries are frozen this will take a while.
- Reduce heat and cook about 5 minutes, till berries burst.
- Add frozen pineapple concentrate until you get the sweetness you want for your own taste. It will be slightly sweeter after it cools.
- If you need super sweet add a very small amount of stevia - preferably pure powder.
- Cool to room temperature.
- You can put this in a blender to make an almost smooth sauce or leave it chunky.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- ** I always make a double batch.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Stevia|| || N|| N|| N|| N|| A|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Mar 30, 2013 at 09:42 PM By: ABJoe