A non |
B non |
O non |
lavender tea loaf"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Brighid45 & Peppermint Twist||Added: Sep 18, 2012 at 10:50 PM|
This is a special occasion loaf--sweet and fragrant, just right with a steaming cup of green, black or red tea. It doesn't rise as high as a loaf made with wheat flour and it can be a bit crumbly, but it still tastes delicious. If you like, you can substitute some thinned-down Greek yogurt for the milk. If you're using a liquid sweetener in place of the sugar, omit the milk.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- 3/4 cup compliant milk
- 2 Tbsp. dried lavender flowers, finely chopped, OR
- 3 Tbsp. fresh chopped flowers
- 2 cups compliant flour
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 1/2 tsp. corn-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 6 Tbsp. butter, softened OR ghee
- 1 cup raw cane sugar OR liquid compliant sweetener
- 2 large organic free-range eggs
How to make it:
- Grease a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Heat milk OR liquid sweetener with lavender almost to a boil, then steep until cool.
- Mix flour, flaxseed, baking powder and salt together in bowl.
- In another bowl cream butter and gradually add sugar, then eggs, one at a time, beating until light and fluffy. Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture alternately with the milk and lavender until just blended. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a wooden pick inserted into the crown of the loaf comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Oat Flour||2 ,3|| B|| N|| B|| B|| B|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.