Blood Type Diet Recipe
FIG WALNUT ENERGY BARS
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Joy||Added: Jul 19, 2012 at 09:48 PM|
The perfect energy snack for Type O (highly beneficial)
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- 1-1/4 cups black walnuts
- 3/4 cup dried figs
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 2 heaping Tablespoons carob powder
- 2 Tablespoons agave nectar
How to make it:
- In food processor, grind walnuts into fine meal.
- Coarsely chop figs, add to nuts and pulse until combined.
- Add vanilla, carob and agave.
- Pulse until dough forms.
- Shape into approximate 12 inch log, roll in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for a few hours.
- Bring to room temp before serving.
- Cut into about 1/2 inch slices.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Vanilla|| || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Jul 27, 2012 at 01:03 PM By: ABJoe