Blood Type Diet Recipe
BEET & CARROT SALAD
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Zenna Liber||Added: Jun 03, 2012 at 06:57 PM|
Use as a salad on it's own, or as an addition to a tossed green salad or as a 'relish' or condiment for burgers, etc. Amazing flavour of fresh raw beets.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B (4 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 2 medium-large sized beets
- 2 medium sized carrots
- 5-6 scallions
- 1-2 Tablespoon(s) grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3-4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons lemon juice
How to make it:
- Wash, peel, and grate beets and carrots into large bowl.
- Clean and finely chop scallions/green onions and add to bowl.
- Add 1 Tablespoon grated ginger.
- Mix veggies well.
- Sprinkle sea salt, 3 Tablespoons olive oil, and 2 Tablespoons lemon juice over veggies and mix well.
- Taste and adjust ginger, lemon, and oil, if needed.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Sea Salt|| 1 || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Mar 30, 2013 at 07:11 PM By: ABJoe