Blood Type Diet Recipe
SESAME LEMON FRIED CHICKEN WITH VEGGIES
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Crystal Maria-Amy Yeates||Added: Jun 02, 2012 at 08:30 PM|
Best Used By Blood Types:
- For the Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed can be substituted with sesame oil :)
- 1 tablespoon of olive or sesame seed oil
- For the Sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons rice flour
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 medium green onions, sliced (2 tablespoons)
- For Veggies
- Some red pepper (about 4 slices)
- Some green pepper (about 4 slices)
- Some broccoli (one little tree of it)
- Some onion (1/4 an onion)
How to make it:
- In small bowl, beat egg product and 2 tablespoons lemon juice with fork or wire whisk
- In 1-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix flour, paprika and sesame seed/oil
- Dip chicken into egg mixture, then place in mixture in bag. Shake until chicken breasts are well coated.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Once chicken is stable, add the vegtables, sprinkling them with sesame oil, and saute with the chicken, until both are finished. Remove the chicken if there is risk of it burning, but keep the vegtables cooking.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat all sauce ingredients except onions over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened and bubbly. Spoon sauce over chicken before serving; sprinkle with onions.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in glucosinolates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.