Blood Type Diet Recipe
TYPE A LENTIL STEW
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Angela Spranger||Added: May 26, 2012 at 04:33 PM|
This is an excellent way to get in a lot of beneficials at once.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (6 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- 2 cans of Progresso lentil soup (your preference) or fresh lentils, prepared
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- ½ bag of kale, or 2 large bunches of fresh kale
- Minced garlic
- Seasoned salt [check ingredients]
- Italian seasoning [BTD compliant]
How to make it:
- Cut up the carrots first and put them in to sauté (they take longer to soften up).
- Dice the onions and celery and add them too.
- While they sauté, cut the kale down into bite size pieces, removing the stems.
- Once the onions are transparent, toss in the kale to steam and reduce.
- Add in one to two teaspoons of minced garlic (from a jar, or fresh), to taste.
- Let everything simmer together for a few minutes and stir it all up.
- Pour in the two cans of lentil soup, add seasoned salt and just a shake of Italian seasoning.
- Simmer for a good 20 – 30 minutes, or until the carrots are soft.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Sea Salt|| 2 || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Jul 27, 2012 at 01:18 PM By: ABJoe