A non |
B non |
O non |
Fruit loaf for Type 0"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: nca||Added: May 16, 2012 at 03:50 AM|
Great toasted for breakfast. Has no added sugar nor fat!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type O (6 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Makes 2 loafs:
- 6 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas (instead of sugar)
- Rind of one organic lemon
- 250 g rye flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 250 g prune
- 250 g dry figs
- 200 g almonds (if available in sticks, otherwise buy whole almonds and brake them up yourself)
- 50 g walnuts
- 100 g pumpkin seeds
- 50 g flax seeds
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 180-200 C
- Line the baking paper in 2 cake tins (I use a form which is 26cm x 11 cm).
- In a large bowl blend the eggs with the ripe bananas
- Add the rind of one whole lemon and take a whisk to stir
- Mix the baking soda into the flour, and afterwards add the flour to the eggs/banana mixture
- Slice the prune and the dry figs. If necessary break up the almonds and and walnuts. Add the fruits, nuts and seeds to the above mixture and stir carefully making sure the fruits don't all stick together
- Pour the mixture in the two cake tins
- Bake for approx. 50-60 min.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.