Blood Type Diet Recipe
SALTY OAT COOKIES
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Jan Harris||Added: May 08, 2012 at 04:03 PM|
These delicious salty oat cookies can serve as dessert or as a carry-along snack to tide you over to your next right-4-your-type meal.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 2 Cups Maple Syrup
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1 Cup Oat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Finely Ground Flax
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Rolled Oats
- Optional: Add Dried Cranberries, Walnuts (or dried fruit/nuts compatible with your type).
How to make it:
- Soften butter in a bowl.
- Mash then use a mixer to mix with maple syrup until blended.
- Add eggs, vanilla, nutmeg.
- Separately blend all dry ingredients, except rolled oats.
- Add blended dry ingredients to blended wet ingredients and mix together.
- Add rolled oats, dried fruit and nuts and mix.
- Drop cookie mixture in plump spoonfuls on non-stick cookie sheet. Cookies do not spread out much so you can space them closely.
- Bake cookies at 375 degrees for 13-15 minutes. Longer cooking time yields crispier cookies.
- Lighly salt the tops of the cookies when removing from the oven.
- Cool a few minutes before serving or removing to a storage dish.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
Fruit/ Fruit Juice Product(s)
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Agave Syrup|| || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: