A non |
B non |
O non |
Paella with seafood and sausage
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: SJC||Added: Mar 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM|
Fast, easy and healthy rice dish!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups stock (vegetable or chicken) or water
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 package chicken sausage
- 1/2 lb. White fish
- 1 package frozen shrimp, thawed
- 1-2 cups sliced peppers (red, green, etc.)
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 3-5 tbsp parsley
- 1-2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Lemon wedges to garnish
How to make it:
- Slice sausage and fry in 2 tbsp oil in a Large pot. Remove and set aside. Add remaining oil and sautée rice, stirring for several minutes. Add stock or water and return the meat to the pot.
- Add spices.
- Cover, simmer at low heat, about 15 mins. Stir periodically.
- When rice is almost done and some liquid still remains, add fish pieces and peppers.
- Cover, let simmer several minutes.
- Stir and break up fish into smaller pieces, then add shrimp and keep stirring for a minute or two.
- Serve warm, add a squirt of juice from lemon wedges if desired.
- Serves 4-6
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.