Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
This is very quick and easy, it takes black-eyed peas & eggs down to a flavorful first.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 t pepper
- 3 Tablespoon mustard seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup dried black-eyed peas
- 1 cupsliced onions
- 3 cup h3o
- 1 strip bacon (optional)
- 6 eggs fried (any-way you like)
How to make it:
- Saute mustard seeds in oil til popping starts
- add salt & pepper
- Allow h30 in gradually, add peas & onions.
- Add more h30 if needed.
- Bring to boil & simmer.
- Add sugar and bacon.
- Cook til tender (beans).
- On warmed plates dish up peas and throw on 2 fried eggs. Ezekiel toast or rice almond toast on side.
- serves 3-4
- takes 1 hr possibly 1-1/2 hrs to finish.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: