Blood Type Diet Recipe
HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Cindi Murrah||Added: Jan 09, 2012 at 02:20 PM|
Sweet and Savory Chicken Dish can be cooked in the Crockpot or in the oven and served with Brown Rice or Rice Pasta.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- 3/4 pound of chicken
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup honey or agave
- 1/4 Tamari (wheat free soy sauce)
- 1/8 cup chopped onions
- 1 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 Tbs canola oil
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbs chia seeds (optional)
How to make it:
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper, place in Crock Pot. In a small bowl, combine honey, Tamari, onion, tomato paste, oil, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Mix well and pour over chicken. Top with chia seeds and cook for 3 hours on low or 1 1/2 hours on high. Remove chicken and cut into bite size pieces. Return to crock pot and toss with sauce (cook longer if needed) Serve over brown rice or rice pasta.
- To bake chicken as 30 minute meal:
- Dice chicken and season both sides with salt and pepper. Place in 8x8 pan. Mix sauce and pour over chicken top with chia seeds and bake at 350 for 20 minutes stirring after 10 minutes.
- Serves 2
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: