Blood Type Diet Recipe
HERBED ROAST & VEGGIES
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Angelica H||Added: Oct 18, 2011 at 02:04 AM|
Delicious crock pot recipe full of fresh flavor! after cooking all day the broth becomes a really yummy sauce to pour over the meat and veggies. If you can't find a gluten free beer that will work for you substitute with extra beef broth.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- 3-4 lbs boneless rump roast
- rice flour to dust onto roast before browning
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 1/4 cups organic beef broth
- 1 bottle gluten free beer
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (plus more to season beef before browning)
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 carrots cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 large sweet potatoes diced
- 1 lb green beans trimmed
- 1 bag of organic spinach
How to make it:
- Season roast with salt and pepper
- Dust the roast with rice flour
- Heat large pan on high, add olive oil
- Brown roast for 3-4 min on each side
- Set roast into crock pot set on high for 8 hours
- Turn pan down to med heat add onions and garlic to pan saute for 3 - 4 min until soft.
- Add all herbs & salt into pan stir for 1 min.
- Add bottle of beer and beef broth to pan, scrape up any browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Pour the broth mixture into the crock pot.
- After the roast cooks in the crock pot for 7 hrs on high, add chopped sweet potato, carrots and trimmed green beans.
- Let cook for another hour.
- At the very end add bag of spinach & stir.
- Serve a slice of pot roast with a scoop of veggies and sauce.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: