Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: gulfcoastguy||Added: Oct 13, 2011 at 12:34 AM|
It is tasty. I've used it for yoga parties and family gatherings and even the veg heads will bend their rules since it isn't red meat and I can point out that it is loaded with veggies and gluten free. You could even skip the butter or ghee(sub more olive oil) and make it totally dairy free. It is specifically designed to be low allergy, it was concocted for an autistic boy who was celiac and egg allergic. Best of all even my Picky little sister loves it.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (6 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type B (4 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (7 beneficials)
- Type O (4 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 apple minced
- 1/2 onion minced and sauteed in 1 Tablespoon of butter or ghee
- 1 handful spinach fresh or frozen, cut up and wilted with the onions
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sage
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon of ground flaxseed meal
- 1 Tablespoon of flour (rice, millet, quinoa according to type)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of powdered kelp
How to make it:
- Assemble all of the ingredients into a loaf and bake at 350F for 1 hour, uncovered.
- For a potluck, I double the recipe but bake it the same time.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Butter|| 2 || A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Ghee (Clarif...|| 2 || N|| N|| N|| B|| N|| B|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 13, 2011 at 12:34 AM By: Joe