Blood Type Diet Recipe
JERUSALEM ARTICHOKE SOUP
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Something super to do with those beneficial Jerusalem artichokes.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (5 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 1 pound of Jerusalem artichokes
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 4 Tablespoons butter (or oil)[or ghee]
- 2 leeks, the white part, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- sea salt
- 1 pound soft tofu (the silken type blends best)
How to make it:
- Scrub Jerusalem artichokes really well.
- You don't need to peel them if they are really scrubbed. Slice Jerusalem artichokes and toss with lemon juice.
- Melt butter in pan.
- Add leeks, carrots, and Jerusalem artichokes.
- Cover and cook over low heat 20-25 minutes.
- Add 2-1/2 cups stock and pinch of salt, cover and cook 30 minutes longer.
- Puree with rest of stock and tofu.
- This can be put through a sieve if you don't want the bits but I like the texture).
- Return to pan and heat.
- Makes 4 servings.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Ghee (Clarif...|| 2 || N|| N|| N|| B|| N|| B|| N|| N|
|Butter|| 2 || A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 18, 2007 at 12:15 AM By: Don