Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Cindi Murrah||Added: Sep 28, 2011 at 11:51 PM|
Fresh Herbs, grated zucchini, cheese and eggs give is recipe taste which can be served for brunch, an appetizer or as a light lunch.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type B (4 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 2 medium zucchini (trimmed)
- 1 medium onion
- 1/4 cup finely grated mozzarella
- 1/3 cup rice flour or any compliant flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped, fresh, flat leaf parsley
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Olive oil for frying.
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make it:
- Grate zucchini on a large hole grater into a large bowl.
- Pat dry with a kitchen towel or paper towels.
- Repeat this same step with onion.
- Stir together zucchini, onion, cheese, flour and herbs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in eggs just before frying.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Working in batches, add 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Scoop mounds (2 tablespoons) of mixture into pan and flatten slightly with spatula.
- Cook until golden brown and cooked through 2-3 minutes on each side.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Sea Salt|| 1 || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 16, 2011 at 06:34 PM By: Joe