A non |
B non |
O non |
Eggplant Pizza Crust
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Kathleen||Added: Aug 24, 2011 at 12:06 AM|
Perfect base for your favorite pizza toppings.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- 1 lb shredded fresh eggplant (peeled or unpeeled, your choice)
- Sea salt
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 egg white
- Baking sheet with oil coated parchment paper
- Favorite pizza toppings
How to make it:
- Sprinkle eggplant with salt, roll up in clean kitchen towel and let sit for about an hour (I've done this the night before and left in 'fridge). Squeeze out excess moisture.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in bowl.
- Divide in two and, using your hands, form 'dough' into 1/4' thick rounds.
- Bake on prepared baking sheet for 15 minutes.
- Discard parchment, flip over crusts onto sheet and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees.
- Top with favorite toppings and bake for 10 minutes or heated to your taste.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Parmesan Che...||1|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| A|| A|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Aug 24, 2011 at 12:32 AM By: C_sharp