Blood Type Diet Recipe
EGGPLANT PIZZA CRUST
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Kathleen||Added: Aug 24, 2011 at 12:06 AM|
Perfect base for your favorite pizza toppings.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- 1 lb shredded fresh eggplant (peeled or unpeeled, your choice)
- Sea salt
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 egg white
- Baking sheet with oil coated parchment paper
- Favorite pizza toppings
How to make it:
- Sprinkle eggplant with salt, roll up in clean kitchen towel and let sit for about an hour (I've done this the night before and left in 'fridge). Squeeze out excess moisture.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in bowl.
- Divide in two and, using your hands, form 'dough' into 1/4' thick rounds.
- Bake on prepared baking sheet for 15 minutes.
- Discard parchment, flip over crusts onto sheet and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees.
- Top with favorite toppings and bake for 10 minutes or heated to your taste.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Parmesan Cheese|| 1 || A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| A|| A|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: