Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: grey rabbit||Added: Aug 22, 2011 at 04:29 PM|
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (13 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- 4 cups cooked black beans or adzuki beans
- 4 cups cooked lentils
- 2 yellow onions
- 5 celery stalks
- 4 carrots
- 4 cups button mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon garlic
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup Spanish paprika
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 2 Tablespoons chipotle powder (optional)
- 4 cups compliant flour
- Salt and (ume plum) vinegar, to taste
How to make it:
- Strain and cool the beans and lentils.
- Cook carrot, onion, celery, and mushrooms over medium heat.
- Puree vegetable mixture and canned (drained) red pepper.
- Put the beans and lentils in the bowl of a stand mixer, put the flour, oatmeal, chipotle powder, paprika, nuts and parsley in the mixing bowl on top of the beans and lentils. Add the pureed vegetables and mix on low speed until combined.
- Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Let mixture rest overnight in the fridge.
- Make into patties and freeze.
- Makes 2 dozen.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Aug 22, 2011 at 04:40 PM By: Drea
- Revised Oct 16, 2011 at 04:47 PM By: Joe
- Revised By:
- Revised By: