Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Patience Pecoraro||Added: May 27, 2011 at 03:19 PM|
I'm always looking for recipes that are easy and blood type diet friendly. This is a great thing to take to parties or when you need a sweet little something.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (0 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- 2/3 cup light agave
- 6 egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Flour or other gluten free flour (only used to flour the pan with)
- 1 Tablespoon butter or neutral oil of your choice for the pan
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C). Butter and flour a baking sheet.
- In a glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites until foamy using an electric mixer.
- Slowly add in agave a little at a time, while continuing to whip at medium speed.
- When the mixture becomes stiff and shiny like satin, stop mixing, and transfer the mixture to a large pastry bag.
- Pipe the meringue out onto the prepared baking sheet using a large round tip or star tip.
- Place the meringues in the oven and place a wooden spoon handle in the door to keep it from closing all the way.
- Bake for 3 hours, or until the meringues are dry, and can easily be removed from the pan.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before storing in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Yield: 54 Meringue Drops
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised May 29, 2011 at 11:47 PM By: Joe