Blood Type Diet Recipe
COTTAGE CHEESE OAT PORRIDGE
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Joanne Sperryn||Added: May 12, 2011 at 05:49 PM|
I know it sounds terrible but it's awesome, I eat it every second breakfast and LOVE it. I finish the bowl and always want more!You could add variety with flaxseeds, apple instead of banana, peanut butter if you like it?!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type AB (5 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type B (4 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- 3 or 4 Tablespoons rolled oats (depending how hungry you are)
- 3 Tablespoons cottage cheese
- 1 small banana
- Crushed almonds (optional)
- Pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Dried cranberries/raisins (optional - makes it sweeter)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Boiling water
How to make it:
- Pour boiling water over rolled oats, just enough to cover them.
- Leave it so soak it up for +- 5 minutes.
- Stir in cottage cheese and cinnamon.
- Slice/mash banana and stir it in.
- Add all the other ingredients as you see fit (I vary combinations of them to keep it interesting).
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
Fruit/ Fruit Juice Product(s)
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Cinnamon|| 1 || N|| N|| N|| N|| A|| A|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised May 29, 2011 at 11:27 PM By: Joe