A non |
B non |
O non |
Pasta Carbonara the healthy way
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Freya||Added: May 05, 2011 at 05:54 AM|
A healthier interpretation of the famous Italian Spaghetti Carbonara recipe. The quantities listed are for 4-5 servings.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (7 beneficials)
- Type B (4 beneficials)
- Type O (4 beneficials)
- 500 g of rice noodles or any other pasta made from 100% rice flour (if you want you can use just rice too)
- 150 g of lean beef
- 3 eggs
- 80 g of grated goat cheese (or pecorino cheese, if you are allowed)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- garlic and salt to taste
How to make it:
- Cut the beef into very small cubes (if you want you can use ground meat) and brown it in a pan with the olive oil until it gets slightly crunchy, then move it away from the fire. While the pan is still hot, add the chopped garlic and stir a little, then let it rest for a while.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add the grated goat cheese.
- Cook the noodles in salt water.
- When the noodles are cooked, put them in the bowl with the eggs and goat cheese and add the browned beef with garlic. Add salt.
- Stir a little and serve immediately.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Chicken||1|| N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
|Turkey||1|| N|| B|| B|| B|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Veal||1|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|| B|| B|
|Lamb||1|| A|| N|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised May 05, 2011 at 10:20 PM By: ABJoe