Blood Type Diet Recipe
BLACK BEAN SOUP WITH ONION, CILANTRO AND LIME SALSA
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
A main dish soup which can also be eaten by O's if they avoid the salsa topping and sour cream garnish. Can be frozen.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (5 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- 4 cups cooked black beans
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon spelt flour [or rice]
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, washed and stemmed
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juice
- 3 Tablespoons light sour cream, stirred to thin
How to make it:
- Puree black beans and garlic in food processor, adding chicken broth as needed to help the blending.
- Put in saucepan and add the rest of the chicken broth, salt and thyme.
- Cook over low heat about 15 minutes, check for thickness of soup.
- If needed, mix the spelt flour with water and stir into soup.
- Continue cooking over low heat for 10 to 15 more minutes.
- Puree the cilantro, onion and lime juice in processor and process until very smooth.
- Place in small bowl.
- Place sour cream in small bowl, and serve both with the soup, to be spooned on top of each serving.
- Makes 4-6 servings.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 06, 2007 at 09:03 AM By: Rodney
- Revised Oct 18, 2007 at 12:11 AM By: Don