A non |
B non |
O non |
Stewed Okra and Tomatoes
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Maureen Miller||Added: May 03, 2011 at 00:21 AM|
Okra cooked with tomatoes and onions and served on toast or rice
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (4 beneficials)
- 1-1/2 lbs okra
- Sea Salt to taste
- juice of one lemon
- 2 small or 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup skinned, seeded tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons rice syrup or compliant substitute
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
How to make it:
- Remove stems from okra.
- wash and drain and place in a dish.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and lemon juice (this prevents okra from splitting during cooking).
- Heat skillet, add oil and saute onions until lightly browned.
- Add the tomatoes, parsley, rice syrup and sea salt. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add okra to tomato mixture, placing them side by side.
- Cover the skillet and simmer 20-30 minutes or until okra are tender.
- Serve on gluten-free toast or brown rice.
- Serves 4-6
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Rice Syrup||3|| N|| A|| N|| A|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Jun 09, 2011 at 07:50 PM By: Lola