A non |
B non |
O non |
Spicy Roasted Cauliflower Soup"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Paula (UK)||Added: Nov 29, 2010 at 03:06 PM|
I'm new to the Eat for your Type food plan and I hope you like this soup.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (5 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type B (4 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- 1 large cauliflower broken into florets
- 2 Tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoons Madras curry powder
- 1 large white or yellow onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 pints low salt vegetable stock
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- fat free yogurt/Quark
- pinch of paprika
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to around 200 degrees or gas mark 7.
- Place cauliflower florets in a large freezer bag (it may be easier to do this in batches) add cumin, curry powder and toss around till well coated.
- Drizzle Olive oil in the roasting pan & add the dusted florets.
- Bake for around 15 mins till charred a little.
- Meanwhile, blitz the onions & garlic in a food processor, then soften them in a pan in a little of the stock for around 5 mins.
- Add the roasted cauliflower to the pan, cover with stock and bring to the boil for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat and continue to cook until cauliflower is tender.
- Check seasoning.
- Puree & serve garnished with snipped chives.
If you want to add extra richness to this soup you can place a rounded teaspoon of fat free yogurt on the top & a sprinkle of paprika
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Dec 17, 2010 at 04:56 PM By: Lola