Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: md||Added: Nov 20, 2010 at 10:00 PM|
I haven't been a fan of quinoa, until I tried it out as a replacement for oats in granola. This works for me!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (6 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type O (5 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- 4 cups quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup walnuts (or sliced almonds or pecans)
- 1/4 cup rice bran (or oat bran)
- 1/4 cup ground chia seed (or almond meal)
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds, without the shell (or unsalted sunflower seeds)
- 3 Tablespoons flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (or nutmeg or allspice)
- 1/2 cup agave (or honey or maple syrup)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil (or canola oil or coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup dried cherries (or raisins)
- 1/3 cup goji berries (or cranberries)
- about 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, optional
How to make it:
- In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients.
- Drizzle with agave and olive oil;
- toss to coat.
- Spread in a 15 inch by 10 inch by 1 inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring twice.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
Fruit/ Fruit Juice Product(s)
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Nutmeg|| 1 || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|| N|
|Allspice|| 1 || N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
|Cinnamon|| 1 || N|| N|| N|| N|| A|| A|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Nov 20, 2010 at 10:25 PM By: Lola