Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
A summery fresh tasting salad of shaved fennel, baby peas, sheep's milk feta, herbs and lemon.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (6 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type B (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- 2 medium sized Fennel bulbs (I use a few baby ones)
- 1 Small red onion
- 150g sheep's milk feta (I use goat)
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 150g baby spinach (or much less is fine)
- baby peas [to taste - the original amount was lost]
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 40ml EVOO
- Sea Salt (and pepper if compliant)
How to make it:
- Finely shave fennel into a salad bowl with a vegetable slicer or very sharp knife.
- Crumble feta over the top and add the other ingredients.
- Toss together gently.
- Drizzle with extra olive oil to serve.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: