Blood Type Diet Recipe
HEARTY CHILI WITH CANNELLINI BEANS
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Wholefoodie||Added: Oct 13, 2010 at 08:34 PM|
A Hearty Chili made with beef and Cannellini Beans
Best Used By Blood Types:
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped fine (added later)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 cans cannellini beans, drained
- cayenne pepper to taste if more heat is desired
How to make it:
- Heat olive oil in a large pot and saute onions until soft and tender.
- Add oregano and cumin and stir.
- Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Stir in chili powder, salt, cocoa, bay leaves and cinnamon.
- Add crushed tomatoes, broth and chopped green bell pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 45 minutes.
- Add the beans and simmer until heated through.
If the beef is fatty, I skim off the fat as it cooks. It is spicy enough for us with the 1/4 cup chili powder but if you like a lot of heat, add cayenne. You can add toppings be we like it just as is. Great leftovers, freezes well.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Pepper (Caye...|| || A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 13, 2010 at 11:08 PM By: Lola