A non |
B non |
O non |
Vietnamese Bo Pho (Beef Soup)"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Brighid45||Added: Oct 09, 2010 at 01:20 PM|
This is a delicious and healthy soup, easy to make and great with rice wrapper spring rolls. Ask your butcher to thinly slice the sirloin for you, or put the meat in the freezer until it's half-frozen and slice it yourself--the thinner the better, as the meat cooks in the hot broth poured over the ingredients. You may change or substitute the ingredients to suit your type or SWAMI requirements as you like. I used lemon juice in place of the lemongrass, no cinnamon and freshly ground pepper in place of the peppercorns. Experiment and see what works for you. :)
Best Used By Blood Types:
- 4 quarts beef broth
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 6 slices fresh ginger root
- 1 lemongrass
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional)
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns (optional)
- 1 lb sirloin tip, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb bean sprouts (optional)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 3 fresh jalapeno peppers, sliced into rings
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 2-8 ounce packages dried rice noodles
- 1/2 Tablespoon wheat-free tamari sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 3 Tablespoons fish sauce
How to make it:
- In a large soup pot, combine broth, onion, ginger, lemon grass, cinnamon, and peppercorns.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cover.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Arrange bean sprouts, mint, basil, and cilantro on a platter with chilies and lime.
- Soak the noodles in hot water to cover for 15 minutes or until soft.
- Place equal portions of noodles into 6 large soup bowls, and place raw beef on top.
- Ladle hot broth over noodles and beef.
- Pass platter with garnishes and sauces.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
Fruit/ Fruit Juice Product(s)
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Lemon/Lemon ...||2|| B|| B|| B|| B|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 09, 2010 at 02:47 PM By: Lola