Blood Type Diet Recipe
BEET GREENS AND FETA PASTA
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
A quick and easy pasta dish featuring beneficial beet greens!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type B (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 4 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 pounds beet greens, washed, ribs removed, and coarsely chopped, about 11 cups
- 1 pound penne rice pasta or BTD compliant pasta [check for avoids]
- 5 ounces crumbled feta
- sea salt, to taste
How to make it:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until vegetables are translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add beet greens and cook until just wilted, about 3 minutes. Season well with salt.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Add pasta and reserved liquid to the beet green mixture and place over low heat.
- Sprinkle in crumbed feta. Stir until thoroughly combined and heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Sea Salt|| 1 || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: