Blood Type Diet Recipe
TURKEY RICOTTA/PANEER BURGERS WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Brighid45||Added: Aug 31, 2010 at 01:10 PM|
This is a great way to make a moist delicious turkey burger that tastes good hot or cold. Homemade paneer works very well in this recipe. Use a BTD compliant substitute
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type B (4 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- 1 tablespoon ghee or butter
- 1 large Vidalia or other sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1-20 ounce pkg ground turkey
- 1/2 cup paneer OR gum-free ricotta
- 1 3/4 teaspoon wheat-free tamari sauce
- 1 3/4 teaspoon wheat/vinegar-free prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon each Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon light olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- romaine lettuce leaves
How to make it:
- Sautee the onion rings in the ghee/butter over low heat about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned and soft.
- Set aside.
- Mix the ground turkey gently with the ricotta, tamari, mustard, and salt and pepper (don't overmix or the meat will be dry and tough).
- Divide into 4 equal patties.
- Flatten the patties and fry over medium-low heat in the olive oil until well-browned.
- Remove from skillet and set aside for a few minutes.
- Crumble the feta cheese and stir together with the mayonnaise to make a chunky sauce.
- Top the burgers with the onions and cheese sauce,
- Wrap in a romaine lettuce leaf if desired in place of a bun, and enjoy!
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Mayonnaise|| || A|| A|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Aug 31, 2010 at 01:44 PM By: Lola