Blood Type Diet Recipe
COYOTE-O BEAN SALAD
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
This is my attempt to 'clone' the Coyote Bean Salad from Harry's Fresh Market in Atlanta.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type O (4 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- 6 cups cooked beans or 4 cans beans of your choice, drained and rinsed. (I used pinto, black eye and Cuban black beans)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced very thin
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced fine
- 1 can diced green chiles, drained
- 4 Tablespoons light olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt (scant)
How to make it:
- Drain beans and rinse.
- Drain canned chiles.
- Dice tomato, bell pepper and jalapeno.
- Slice green onion and red onion very thin.
- Rough chop cilantro leaves.
- Make dressing with oil, lemon juice, seasoned salt, cumin and garlic salt.
- Combine beans and vegetables.
- Pour dressing over and toss lightly so as not to break beans, just enough to coat beans and vegetables.
This is a little zippy, you might want to go easy on the jalapeno and red onion. Serve over a leaf of romaine lettuce for garnish, if you wish.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Pepper (Caye...|| || A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 08, 2007 at 00:53 AM By: Lola