A non |
B non |
O non |
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
A really good soup that can be easily adapted for all blood types.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (7 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (5 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (7 beneficials)
- Type B (7 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (8 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled ginger root
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter [or ghee]
- 3/4 pound parsnips, peeled and sliced (2 cups)
- 2 cups chicken broth (or veggie broth)
- nutmeg to taste
- Add dairy to make this a bisque, optional
How to make it:
- In saucepan cook onions, garlic, ginger, carrot, celery and thyme with butter (or ghee) over moderate/low heat.
- Stir until onion is softened.
- Add parsnips and broth (or water) and bring to a boil.
- Lower to simmer, covered for 15-20 minutes till vegetables are tender.
- Puree soup in blender.
- If adding dairy, then blend in now.
- Return to pan, season with nutmeg, and thin with water if necessary.
- Makes 3 cups or about 2 servings.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Chicken||2|| N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help the body to detoxify.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 17, 2007 at 08:14 PM By: Don