Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Samantha S||Added: Jul 06, 2010 at 10:33 AM|
Fennel is one of my favorite vegetables and this dish really shows off its crisp sweetness and subtle licorice flavors.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- fennel bulb
- juice and zest from half a lemon
- spoonful of honey (optional)
- few splashes of olive oil
- toasted pine nuts
- sprinkle or two of sea salt
How to make it:
- Cut the shoots from the fennel and discard, reserving a good handful of green fronds.
- Chop these and toss them into a bowl.
- Peel the fennel bulbs, halve, core, and slice paper-thin, using a mandolin if you have one.
- Add to the bowl.
- Grate over the zest.
- Squeeze lemon juice over, to taste.
- Add the pine nuts.
- Drizzle over oil, to taste.
- Season with sea salt.
- Toss, taste and adjust the seasonings, and serve immediately.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Honey|| 2 || N|| N|| N|| A|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are known to be common allergens.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Jul 14, 2010 at 06:08 PM By: Lola