Blood Type Diet Recipe
LEMONY LENTIL SOUP
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Diana||Added: May 24, 2010 at 06:47 PM|
This a tasty, lemon laced lentil soup..easy to digest and very filling...It contains potatoes for those who can have them. We others can sub butternut squash or acorn squash or pumpkin if desired..
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (6 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- 1 1/2 cups lentils
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 1 large potato or same amount of squash
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped,cilantro or parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 Tablespoons of lemon juice
How to make it:
- Rinse lentils, combine with stock and bring to a simmer. Peel potato and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Add to soup, simmer 20 mins.
- Slice chard to remove spine in leaves and then chop chard and add to soup, cover and continue simmering until lentils are tender(about 20 more mins).
- In a small frying pan over medium heat, cook onion in oil until soft and golden.
- Add to onion 1/3 cup cilantro along with garlic and cook 2 mins.
- Add onion mixture to soup during last 5 mins.
- Stir in sea salt to taste, pepper, coriander, cumin and lemon juice.
- Garnish soup with lemon slices.
- Makes 6 1 2/3 cup servings
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: