A non |
B non |
O non |
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Chocolate Fudge Brownies
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- 5 Tablespoons ghee or unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- 4 ounces semi- or bitter-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar or other compliant sweetener (this recipe works best with dry or semi-moist sweeteners)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup compliant mild-tasting flour (amaranth or oat)
- 1 cup walnut pieces
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with buttered foil or parchment paper.
- Put a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Drop in the butter, top with the chocolate and heat, stirring occasionally, until melted.
- Remove the bowl and whisk in the sugar and sea salt.
- One by one, whisk in the eggs, stirring until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the flour and stir it in gently.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is dull and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- When the brownies are cool, peel away the foil or paper and cut into 16 squares.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Amaranth|| B|| B|| B|| B|| A|| N|| N|| N|
|Oat Flour||2 ,3|| B|| N|| B|| B|| B|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Jul 14, 2010 at 06:29 PM By: Lola