Blood Type Diet Recipe
KIDNEY BEAN SALAD WITH YOGURT
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Flavorful anytime kidney bean salad especially for type B
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type B (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- 16 ounce can dark red kidney beans [substitute compliant beans]
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup diced organic celery
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 3 organic green onions (scallions), tops too
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (or more to taste)
- *Optional: cayenne pepper to taste
How to make it:
- Drain and rinse beans
- Add remaining ingredients
- Stir well
- Cover tightly and refrigerate at least 2 hours
- Keeps well for several days, but is best eaten the same day.
- Serves 4
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Nov 11, 2010 at 06:34 PM By: Joe