Blood Type Diet Recipe
ARTICHOKE & WHITE BEAN SOUP
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Paula ||Added: Mar 19, 2010 at 04:18 PM|
Just found this on Eating Well site, but added some fresh spinach at the end for more nutrition.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or chopped fine
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts
- 1 14/15 oz can cannellini beans
- 2 cups of vegetable broth, or other broth
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
How to make it:
- Put some olive oil in the bottom of your soup pan
- Add the chopped garlic & cook lightly
- Process drained artichoke hearts & drained, rinsed cannellini beans in a food processor
- Add them to the pan/pot along with 2 cups of veggie broth
- Add salt or pepper if you like
- Finally toss in the chopped spinach and cook until wilted
- Serves 2 nicely, enjoy!
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Mar 21, 2010 at 02:19 PM By: Lola