Blood Type Diet Recipe
MILLET FLAX BREAD
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Karen Johnstone||Added: Feb 28, 2010 at 01:13 AM|
Better alternative to cornbread, this is very filling and great by itself or with your fav bean soup ladled over it. B's (me) can use milk or buttermilk, others use water or get creative?
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- 1/2 cup white spelt flour
- 1 1/4 cup millet meal (flour)
- 1/4 cuo golden flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia OR 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 Tablespoon Agave nectar or more
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup milk, buttermilk, or water
- 3 oz light olive oil
- 1 oz flaxseed oil
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients.
- Stir the oils together into the mix.
- When evenly mixed, add wet ingredients and whisk quickly.
- Pour into greased pan (9x9) or similar size and bake for 5-10 minutes
- Turn heat down to 300F until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Run knife or spatula around edges to loosen
- Cut and serve when it has cooled to a safe temp.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Stevia|| || N|| N|| N|| N|| A|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Mar 17, 2010 at 07:45 PM By: Lola