A non |
B non |
O non |
Beef in a Bag
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
This is the closest recipe to 'meat and potatoes' that an 'O' can have!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- 1 aluminum foil 'hot bag'
- olive oil cooking spray
- 6 lbs. boneless striploin roast or any lean roasting beef
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 or 2 onions, peeled and chunked
- garlic if you wish
- 1 lb. turnips, peeled and chunked (more, if it fits in the bag)
How to make it:
- Open the 'hot bag' wide. Spray the inside of the bag lightly with cooking spray
- Place beef inside bag, sprinkle salt over
- Add onion and garlic
- Seal bag tightly and place on grill or in oven according to instructions included with box
- After HALF of cooking time, open bag and add turnips
- Seal bag and resume cooking. On my grill total cooking time was 1 1/2 hours on lowest setting. Watch closely the first time you do this so it doesn't burn! I used parsnips but would not again as their flavor was too strong for me in this dish. Might try kohlrabi or carrots next time. Choose turnips that are smooth, firm and of small or medium size. The resulting au jus from this recipe is drizzled over the sliced meat just before serving.
- You may want to thicken it with arrowroot, but we don't feel it necessary.
- This is good folks!
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 01, 2007 at 10:29 PM By: Rodney