A non |
B non |
O non |
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: mrsweavers4||Added: Feb 12, 2010 at 05:39 PM|
One of my family's favorites. May not sound too appealing, but it's VERY tasty!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type B Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type O (6 beneficials)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt to taste
- 3 Tablespoons ground walnuts (I just smash them in a baggie)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup favorite sugar-free spaghetti or pizza sauce
- 3/4 to 1 cup grated hard goat cheese
- Vegetable toppings of your choice (artichoke, red bell peppers, onion, and broccoli work well)
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the beef, garlic, salt, walnut powder, and beef broth in a large bowl and mix well.
- Transfer the beef mixture to a 9-inch pie pan, spreading it evenly over the bottom and halfway up the side of the pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and pour off any accumulated juices.
- Spread spaghetti or pizza sauce over the meat.
- Top with cheese and fresh veggies.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 10-20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the veggies are browned.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 2
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in glucosinolates.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Sep 27, 2010 at 07:12 PM By: Joe