A non |
B non |
O non |
Turkey Cacciatore #2 with Mushrooms
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Turkey Cacciatore is BTD friendly for all, but A's and O's may substitute chicken if desired.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (0 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- 1 turkey breasts, or 4 turkey thighs [or use a BTD compliant substitute]
- olive oil
- spelt flour to coat or rice flour
- 1 chopped large onion
- 1/4 ounces fresh chopped oyster mushroom pieces
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 2 Tablespoons fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dry oregano
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dry sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted chicory root (optional in place of pepper)
- 2 6-ounce cans of tomato paste [omit A and B secretors]
- 4 fresh juicy chopped tomatoes (or 1 15-ounce stewed tomatoes or tomato sauce)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1/4 pound fresh green beans
- 1 cup zucchini diced (optional)
How to make it:
- Flour turkey pieces with spelt flour [or use a BTD compliant substitute].
- Brown turkey in olive oil, do not cook through.
- Place turkey in the crock pot.
- Note: While the turkey is browning, season with a mix of sea salt, paprika, sugar, pepper, garlic powder, cumin, turmeric, lemon peel, cayenne, onion and ground mustard (1/2 teaspoon of each previously mixed in a separate bowl).
- In the fry pan you just used, saute the onion.
- Add the oyster mushroom pieces.
- Add garlic, parsley, oregano, basil, garlic salt and roasted chicory root.
- Add tomatoes, oyster mushrooms and sugar.
- Saute lightly blending all together.
- Pour this tomato mixture over the turkey in the crock pot.
- Add about 1/2 - 1 cup water.
- Add green beans to the sauce (optional)and lightly stir.
- Add the zucchini.
- Cook 4-6 hours until turkey is cooked.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Mushroom (Oy...||1 ,2|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Turkey||1|| N|| B|| B|| B|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.