Blood Type Diet Recipe
MEAT EATERíS VEGGIE BURGER
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: nowishow - Connie||Added: Feb 01, 2010 at 06:28 PM|
OK it's mostly meat and very little veggies. But, it's still very yummy.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (5 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 leaf Swiss Chard (or other leafy green) finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic Ė finely chopped
- Ghee and Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper (I use Cayenne)
- 1 lb. ground beef
How to make it:
- Divide beef into eight equal parts.
- Flatten each into a thin flat round.
- Top four of the patties with a little of the greens and garlic, dot with some ghee and season with salt and pepper.
- Top each with one of the four remaining patties, press the edges together to seal.
- Cut onion into thin slices while heating a large skillet on medium low.
- Sautť the onions in ghee and/or Olive oil until done to your specifications, caramelize the onions about 20 minutes.
- Remove onions and turn the heat up to medium high add more Ghee and/or Olive Oil.
- Add burgers and cook on each side until done.
- Top with the cooked onions.
- Serve with sweet potato fries and raw or cooked carrots.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: