Blood Type Diet Recipe
GUILT FREE GUACAMOLE ( ASPARAGUS )
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Kris Arrieta||Added: Jan 31, 2010 at 05:57 PM|
Yummy alternative to avocados.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 24 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 cup salsa (check ingredients)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaf
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
How to make it:
- In a large pan (preferably non-stick), combine the asparagus with 1/2 cup of water and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, until the asparagus is tender but crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Drain and run under cold water to cool and stop the cooking process.
- In a food processor, blitz the asparagus, salsa, cilantro and garlic.
- Add the scallions, and pulse several times until chunky/smooth (as you prefer).
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Refrigerate, covered, until chilled, about 1 hour.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Sep 27, 2010 at 08:40 PM By: Joe