Blood Type Diet Recipe
SWEET ITALIAN BREAKFAST TURKEY SAUSAGE
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Vicki||Added: Jan 24, 2010 at 09:24 AM|
Delicious by itself or with a little molasses drizzled on top. Start your day like a King!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (5 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (5 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 1 pound ground turkey (dark meat is best)
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt (more or less for your own personal taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon anise seed (ABs can leave this out)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic -- minced
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- tiny pinch coriander powder
- olive oil for cooking
Listed measurements are US style measuring spoons.
How to make it:
- Place ground turkey in a medium or large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle the the salt, spices and garlic over the meat.
- Knead the meat to incorporate all the spices evenly.
- Form patties.
- Briefly heat the olive oil in a skillet or pan on the stove.
- Place patties in the skillet as space allows - do not overcrowd.
- Cook for 5 minutes on each side over medium heat.
- Ensure an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) is reached.
If preferred, drizzle with molasses.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Anise|| || N|| N|| A|| A|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Jan 24, 2010 at 04:52 PM By: Lola